Tuesday, July 1, 2008

TWD Apple Cheddar Scones

Posted by Picasa
Another great recipe from Dorie Greenspan! These were very tasty, more of a biscuit then a scone, but very much enjoyed! We did follow the advice of serving them with jam, it was well worth the try, though plain was great as well. I was a little leery about apple and cheese together...................also there wasn't much apple flavor, I think if we make these again I'd put fresh apples in instead! I hope the Blueberry pie next week turns out just as tasty :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you liked the scones, and the pie next week should be fun!

Engineer Baker said...

I'm glad you liked these - fresh apples would be good, I agree.

ostwestwind said...

We liked it too, can't wait for next Tuesday :-)

Ulrike from Küchenlatein

Susie Homemaker said...

Looks great ladies! Can't wait to tune in for your pies!

Christine said...

We loved it in my house - can't wait for next week!

Dolores said...

Great job ladies. It's neat that you stretched a little taste-wise, and enjoyed the end result.

Jacque said...

I agree.. more of a sweet-ish biscuit. I used double the dried apples and was able to taste them.

Anyway, great job!

Cecilia said...

I'm glad that you liked these scones. If you didn't use fresh apples, what sort of apples did you use? Good work!

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

Jaque,
We used dried apples like the recipe said. Our were very tiny and diced. So they didn't give much apple flavor.

Hannah

Mari said...

These scones are great and lend well to tweaks!