Tuesday, October 14, 2008

TWD!!!!


Well we were able to make this weeks recipe! Yippee! They were very good. The picture above is one of the variations we did on Dories recipe. First we cut the recipe in half then we added some chopped pecans and added some maple extract, then after they cooled down we melted some of those pumpkin kisses and dipped them in it, they still looked a little bare so we decided rolling them in granola would be give them the finishing touch they needed. They were very good and would make them many more times. The next variation we did was a Coffee chocolate dipped one pictured below, first we added some coffee grounds and then some coffee extract. After they were cooled down we dipped them in chocolate! YUM!Be sure to come back next week for Pumpkin Muffins!
Posted by Picasa

24 comments:

Christine said...

Your variations sound delicious! Great job!

Flourchild said...

I LOVE the pumpkin idea..so yummy looking. I still have yet to find those pumpkin kisses...I've been dieing to make your pumpkin kiss cookies!

Peggy said...

I love the maple and pecans idea - that sounds delicious! Great job.

Anonymous said...

maple extract -- you girls are killing me, that's such a great idea! i'm writing that in my book for next time. gorgeous biscotti!

spike. said...

I love the pumpkin/maple idea

Cathy said...

So fun! Pumpkin kisses and maple extract? Where do I sign up! These look fantastic!

Maria said...

Love your dipping idea! They turned out great!!

Anonymous said...

YUM! Your variations sound great.

Anonymous said...

Love the maple flavor! These look wonderful.

TeaLady said...

These look good to me. Great job. Pumpkin!! Ymmy!!!

Rigby said...

What wonderful ideas! Sounds delicious!

The Food Librarian said...

Yummy flavor combinations! Both look delicious!

Linda said...

i must now go and try those pumpkin kisses...fantastic work!!

Anonymous said...

I love that you used the pumpkin hershey's kisses! That sounds SO good!

Prudy said...

The chocolate dipped look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Wow...the combinations you used were really fun to read about...I think those would be a hit around here, so thanks for the suggestions. Great photos and great looking biscotti.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

delicious variations! i am loving the flavor of maple syrup in these!

Shari said...

Your flavor variations sound delicious!

Bungalow Barbara said...

Wow! I love your creative variations!

Marthe said...

Your biscotti look really healthy and tasty too!!

Katrina said...

I give you props for having the best variation of this TWD biscotti! Looks SO good! I have a bag of those pumpkin kisses (found at Target) and am looking for just the right thing to do with them. I had fully intended to put them on top of a cookie, like your carrot ones that look SO good, but now you give me this option. Hmmmm. You girls rock!

Jaime said...

wow great idea to dip them in those pumpkin kisses!

Gretchen Noelle said...

The maple sounds like a nice touch and I really cannot believe I did not try an espresso one. I am sure your different variations were tasty!

Unknown said...

Great job once again!! They look scrumptious!