Monday, June 9, 2008

TWD~ La Palette's Strawberry Tart

We did really like these, though we did make a few changes! Instead of putting the dough in a tart pan (we're moving and couldn't find it!) we used muffin cups.............then filled them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and drenched them with plenty of berries we had on had. To top it all off what would make your mouth go yum? Orange zest! All these changes are not quite what Dorie had in mind I am sure, but sometimes you have to change things around! Makes life more interesting I think :)

Hannah and Esther
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Gretchen Noelle said...

Yum! What could be better? I love the cups and ice cream sounds perfect!

CB said...

Muffin cups! What a fabulous idea. Love the zest. Great job!
Clara @ I♥food4thought

Susie Homemaker said...

Great job girls! Ice cream would be great in these crusts!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of the muffin cups. It looks great!

Prudy said...

Great idea to use muffin cups. Great work!

Anonymous said...

Nice substitutions!! They're adorable!! :)

Jacque said...

I changed mine up too but then realized I basically made the next recipe, lol. I like that we're allowed to make changes with TWD.

Anyway, yours looks totally de-lish! I'll bet they were fantastic.

Zakia / Avenue Z Desserts said...

muffin cups and ice cream! great idea. looks great!

Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

The orange zest looks so pretty on top!
Shari@Whisk: a food blog

Jaime said...

yum, ice cream sounds perfect with this!